You'll find the Make a Difference centre at Trident House on Taylor Square in Tavistock. Housed in a three–storey building.The centre offers a wide range of facilities, including:
- A large front room on the ground floor, which is used as a social area, with comfy sofas, a TV and DVD, a Wii for those who enjoy fun and fitness, and hot and cold drinks offered for a small donation
- Also on the second floor, we have a computer suite with a tutor in attendance on Wednesday and Friday afternoons.
- A bright and cheerful art room on the first floor, where our art tutors offer classes such as decoupage, clay work, encaustic wax painting, drawing, painting, mosaics and much more.
- Our kitchen on the first floor is in use regularly with a cookery tutor to help with recipes fortnightly.
- We have manicure materials which can be used by all or we have people who can help.
- We also have a small garden area with a table and 8 chairs on decking with hanging baskets and pots that make the area a pleasant place to sit outside with a hot drink with friends. It is also the one place where people can smoke.
You can read more about the different parts of the centre on the sub pages in this section.
Using the centre
We want to make coming to the Make a Difference centre as easy and enjoyable for everyone as possible. We also want to keep rules to a minimum, but it's important that everyone acts in an appropriate way, so that we all feel safe and comfortable coming here.
In this section, you'll find details of what we expect of you in terms of behaviour and health and safety. You'll find information about access into the centre, which may be particularly relevant to you if you have a physical disability. We've also included a list of classes and information about hiring a room at the centre.